Sunday, July 10, 2005

Okay, so it has been a really long time since I've posted anything, not that anyone cares because I don't think anyone reads. I'm just kind of disappointed in myself. I'm going to post more, I promise. Not much has been going on to write about. This weekend we really did absolutely nothing! I feel so bad when I am so lazy, and my house is such a mess but I just cannot work up the energy to do anything about it. We did go grocery shopping tonight and made a yummy dinner, so that's good.

I was a little frustrated this past week. First, we spent $600 on new tires for my car. Then we got out plane tickets for Maine which cost about that much too. Then Friday morning we wake up, and it is SO hot in our house. Brent went and checked and our A/C was busted. In Florida, in July, and probably the hottest week of the year. So that just started off my morning real bad. My day didn't get much better. I called the A/C people from work and they tell me they are so busy that they can't tell me exactly when they can come out, but someone has to be home when they do show up. I explain to him that we are working people and can't just drop everything to run home. He tells me to call another company. So I do, and they at least give me a window of 1 - 3pm. Because of my roller coaster emotions, I was practically in tears setting up the appointment. Anyway, it just so happened that I had a doctor's appointment at 12:40 with my ob/gyn. This would be my first real meeting with her and Brent was supposed to go with me. Now because of the freaking old ass A/C he had to go home and couldn't go with me. So I went, and the doctor let me hear the baby's heartbeat and it was awesome, and at the same time I felt awful that Brent couldn't hear it too. My due date is January 18th, as of today I am 13 weeks and out of my first trimester. I am so relieved. I just found out that another friend had a miscarriage, and it just kills me. Anyway, back to the A/C. It would either cost us $500 to install a new motor, or we could get a new system for $1600. We decided to go with the new system. We replaced the motor about 2 years ago, and my Dad said putting in another new motor might get us another 2 years, if we were lucky. So we are officially broke now.

Well, that was an interesting story huh? This is why I haven't been posting, because this is my life! I am looking forward to going to Maine. We are going next month, we figure it will probably be our last vacation as non-parents. Because I don't really have anything else to write about, here are some pictures of our camping adventure last month.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now this is a campsite!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Our awesome Coleman tent that stayed dry in the flood!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Well, I had more to post but Image Shack decided to stop responding, and it's late so I'll do them tomorrow. I was thinking about posting pictures of me, but I feel really silly doing it. I'm more self conscious then I thought I would be about showing belly pictures. I guess it's because I don't think I look pregnant, just fat!

More later,

Alissa

0 "You love me":

Post a Comment

<< Home