Thursday, September 01, 2005

Memories...

Ever hear a song you had forgotten about, and it immediately brings up memories that you'd put away? Maybe they are not so good memories? I was messing around on Itunes and Matthew Sweet just popped in my head. His album "In Reverse" is really good and I had totally forgotten about it. I downloaded it and listened to some songs, and my head just started spinning. Someone I used to know was a huge music person and had tons of CD's of people and bands I'd never listened or sometimes even heard of, and this was one of those. That got me thinking...

D was really short, my husband is really tall. D liked to dance and goof around like that, my husband not so much. D would eat just about anything I put in front of him, my husband is beyond picky. D had a huge CD collection and would listen to so many different kinds of music. Sometimes it would bug me because he would hear a song once and then run out and buy the CD, and a lot of times the CD would suck. And my husband is not really into opening up to new music and sometimes thinks I'm nuts for what I listen to. D was health conscious and very into his body and working out. Me and the husband, well, let's just say we could work out a lot more. D was focused on finishing school and enjoyed going. My husband hates school, to put it mildly (even though he has started a class this semester!). D wrote me the most beautiful and sincere 4 page front-and-back love letter I have ever gotten, and showered me with cards and notes and little presents. My husband has tried his hand at writing, and I've gotten my fair share of cards from him, but he finds it hard to express himself. D wasn't so much into the sports, and my husband loves sports.

In all the things that D lacked, my husband has, and vice versa. And maybe the biggest difference between them is that I don't think I was ever in love with D, and I fell completely in love with my husband. D was a great friend and great on paper, but I am pretty sure he was gay.

2 "You love me":

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Totally gay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home